I have been trying to teach Lexie about the meaning of Easter. We have read many books and we have prayed about it at night together. However, at this age it truly is all about the candy, egg hunts, bunnies, etc. We have one book called "What is Easter?" She is so excited on the pages that it shows the bunnies, the candy, and eggs. When it gets to the pages explaining the real meaning of Easter about Jesus she turns the page real fast. It makes me sad when she does that, but then I remember she's only 2 and that if I just keep talking to her about it she will eventually understand what a special holiday Easter really is!
Neighborhood Egg hunt
We have done our share of egg hunts over the past week. At first my sweet little girl was so happy to just hunt eggs without anything inside of them in our backyard. We hunted them over and over just for the fun of it! The first hunt we went to that had candy inside ruined her innocence! It was quite disturbing actually. Now every time we hide eggs for her without candy she says " No Tandy...Tandy all gone." We don't give Lexie candy but it was so hard to keep her from it this weekend so she overindulged. :( I am feeling rather sick about it actually.
Overall we have had a great weekend with our families. One of my favorite traditions that Randall and I both have done growing up is that we pick wildflowers and create our own Easter nests for the easter bunny to leave his goods in. We just use the green Easter grass and then put real flowers around it instead of a traditional Easter basket. It's a lot of fun! We created a nest at my parents house and one in our home.
Lexie's nest at our houseI won't go into details about all the things we did this weekend....basically it was too much. We are exhausted!
Egg hunt at the log cabin in Hallettsville on Sunday

1 comment:
I'm glad we got to see y'all. Your kids are adorable! Sorry I didn't get to chat more, but Ev had me running around serving gumbo... :)
Post a Comment