Monday, June 14, 2010
Girls Weekend
I am still recovering from a wonderful weekend with friends. We headed out to The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center for the weekend. Some of us went Friday and the other half met us Saturday. We left Friday around 3:45 and checked into our hotel and drank a little wine. We then headed out to eat at The Goose's Acre Irish Pub where we had some good food and more drinks! Then we went over to a wine bar! Whew....can you see where this is heading????
Saturday morning I attempted to sleep in with no luck. :( We hopped in the car to eat breakfast at the Egg and I and then back to the hotel for some pool time. It was nice! Poolside drinks and lunch and just some relaxation!! 4 of us were feeling rather adventurous and/or maybe fat so we decided to go for a run. Only in the Woodlands could you run at 2:30 in the afternoon in the summer! We ran a beautiful trail but it was still HOT! Then back to the room where Kristin led us in some push ups with a twist. Then it was time to start taking showers and getting ready for another night out. Whoohoo!
We had dinner reservations at Brio which was delish with a couple of bottles of WINE! I forgot to mention having a glass of wine before we left for Brio in the hotel. Then we headed over to Crush again looking for some dancing but we weren't impressed so we headed to America's. That's where we found a little more of what we were looking for. We were able to dance the night away!
A taxi took us all back where we went right to sleep! Next morning I still couldn't sleep in even after all the drinks! Ugh! Half the girls left early in the morning to head home but some of us wanted to stay a little longer! We went to breakfast at Black Walnut Cafe and then shopping and lunch.
Finally it was time to go home!! Wow, it was a great weekend!! Several good things came from this trip....I got to rest and be a little selfish (take time for myself), I got to miss my kids( which I don't feel very often because they are always with me day and night), and I got to miss my husband and he missed me! It made me appreciate my family even more and love my husband even more because I know he wants me to be happy, and he recognizes that I need a break too sometimes. Thanks honey for being so supportive of this trip and being the one to convince us to go for 2 nights instead of 1!! Luckily, he probably takes care of the kids better than I do so I didn't have to worry about a thing!!
These girls have been such wonderful friends in such an important and life changing time in my life. Most of us all had our first babies at the same time and so we have been hanging out ever since! Some of them couldn't make it and we sure missed them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great recap! I had such a great time!! Looking forward to the next one! :)
Sounds like a great getaway weekend - and you all look fabulous!
Fun! You look really pretty:)
You all look gorgeous!
That looks like so much fun. I wish my group of friends could get organized and do that!
Post a Comment