Saturday, March 19, 2011
The 4th Birthday Party!
Lexie's Birthday was great! She was so happy and has thanked me a couple of times "for doing so much stuff for her birthday party." We had a Princess/Knight Birthday party. I made tiara invitations sent with mini wands for the girls and little knight figures for the boys. I tied elastic on them so the kids could wear them if they wanted. We have way more boy friends then girls so there were really only 4 girls at the party and a million boys! Poor Lex! However, she didn't care one bit!
Here's the cute little banner my mom and I made
We had a little fairy tale sticker scene craft
Opening presents while sitting in the throne we made...
Bubbles
We iced and decorated cookie wands I had made...
We had an awesome castle combo bouncey...
I had buried some treasure in the sand box although i decided not to announce that one since it would be so messy. I 'm sure a few kids found some surprises! We also had out the step2 battery powered roller coaster set up which was a hit. I had initially wanted to decorate it and pretend it was a carriage ride but didn't really get around to it!
I had made some cupcakes with some cute toppers. I decided to attempt to do a castle cake since lexie seemed disappointed with the cupcake topper idea. I think I am turning her into a birthday snob! The castle was really hard, and I ended up making it smaller than planned ( 1-tier instead of 2). It didn't turn out too bad!
The party favors were set out but I had a feeling most of the boys wouldn't be able to resist them until the end of the party. They got swords and shields and the girls got a wand, tiara, and bracelet.
We did this party during the week to try to make it a little more low key. It did help a bunch! I had so many ideas but was trying so hard to spend less money than normal, and I really didn't have much help. (more on why that is later!)However, the party was just perfect the way it was! Good thing I started planning it in January!
We served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into the shape of a crown as well as chicken noodle soup for the moms. It was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lizzie, you are amazing! It would take me 6 months to pull off something like this! What a fantastic party for Lexie!
Can't believe she's 4!! I remember going over to see her for the first time!! Time goes too fast!!
Beautiful kids Liz!
So many creative ideas! I love it; it looks like it went great. That cake is incredible!
Post a Comment