Wednesday, April 20, 2011
A New Venture!
Some exciting things are going on in our house!! Two months ago Randall quit his already awesome job to start his own company! It was kind of a big deal being that I don't necessarily consider Randall a big risk taker and I definitely am not. Giving up a great paying job for something you don't even know is going to work out!!? I had a lot of anxiety about that! It has been a roller coaster of emotions going through this process. I definitely have more respect for people who start their own business!
He leased an office space, has his company logo and website started, and has been working his tail off! I am SO proud of him and so excited for him. His services include gas production analysis/forecasting to traders. He has good days and bad days. A bad day was when our income came to a halt as of Friday, March 18th, and became officially unemployed from Merrill!! I'm sure it just put more pressure on him to make sure this works!! Our insurance ended and we now switch to expensive cobra insurance! However, we have been preparing for this for a long time so we are fine...you just hate eating into the savings you've worked so hard to build up!
Randall has always been so good with money ever since I have known him back in high school. In fact, he came out of college with more scholarship money than he knew what to do with! He had his tuition paid for through an academic scholarship, but all other costs were on his own and he ended up with more money than he needed from working and other scholarships! He's always been very responsible and mature when it came to his financial security. All his saving over the years he was working towards was for this moment right now, where he could take a risk and not have his lifestyle change and still feel confident we would be provided for over an extended period. Even though leaving bp for Merrill 4 1/2 years ago was a tough decision, it all set the pace for this moment! It was a job he often didn't LOVE but it provided the financial resources and job experience he needed in order to take this risk now! Crazy how things works out!
I'm just so happy for him that something he has dreamed about for years is coming true for him! He just has a way of building connections with people and networking which has really worked to his advantage. He's had some really great mentors he's met in the working world over the years which he is so grateful for too. I pray that through this experience he will grow spiritually and truly learn to rely and trust in God to give all his worry and stress to Him, and lay it all out there. God will bless us and this plan no matter the outcome of it if we remain faithful to Him and realize that God's plan is bigger than our own!
Pray for us as we continue through this journey...not necessarily that his business works and is successful, but that we truly follow what God wants us to do, and we continue to grow closer to Him!
He has his first 3 contracts signed and we'll just see where it goes from here! I have missed him dearly since he has been working until 9 or 10 pm every night. Last Sunday night it was 3AM since he had a deadline of that Monday! Things should slow down tremendously now and I don't have to be a single mom anymore! I'm so very proud of him and since I never blog or talk about him on here, there you have it! I know it's long, but I just want him to know how proud I am of him!
Here's the beginning of his website.
http://www.springrockproduction.com/
Here's his new office space in Sugar Land.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to take a risk, Randall, and go for your dreams! Best of luck with your new gig!
Post a Comment