Monday, October 31, 2011

October in a Nutshell!

Hmmm...what did we do?? This is a long post! 1. We started to play outside a whole lot more. Tripp loves to ride his bike and play with the neighbor. The kids also love driving their power wheels truck in the cul de sac! 2. We did lots of day trips to our land. Love it there! We still haven't spent the night! I guess we are just waiting to get the house all set up. We bought a mule to ride around on the place and built a fire pit. We planted about 8 oaks and only three look like they are going to make it so far, but we're keeping our fingers crossed! Papa Collum has been working hard out there and we are lucky to have him helping us! His next job is to build a fort for the kids out there! Lexie has already told him how she wants it and informed me when I told her we would be grateful to him for whatever he builds us that, "Well, if he doesn't build it like I want it, then I'm not going to play in it." Lord, help us with her!! I don't have any pics of the friends that have come out there with us, but we've had a great time and Lexie is always asking, "Who are we going to take to the country next!?" Everyone is welcome to come!! Lexie's new discovery besides grasshoppers are frogs. She spends most of her time catching grasshoppers out there! However, now she's found frogs. Around this pond there are tiny frogs and we haven't had any luck catching them! I think we need a net or something and we just had a little bucket. She was disappointed. We also saw two snakes last weekend by the pond! Yikes! And have I mentioned we've seen two scorpions!? 3. We went to the zoo 4. We continued doing our baby bootcamp workouts. 5. We went to Dewberry Farms with our friends. 6. I hosted a Halloween bunco and had fun decorating and making fun crafts/desserts with the kids. Dang...it's hard to see the cute pumpkin and ghost cookies I made and iced in the picture below. I also made candy corn fudge and pumpkin spice cupcakes. I made chicken noodle soup for dinner. It was a fun time! 7. We had Randall's 33rd bday party at our house. (The night after my bunco party) Needless to say, my ankles were swollen most of that weekend! Thankfully they went back down with a little rest and lots of water! Oops, I took no pictures! 8. Found out I was measuring quite large in my pregnancy. Ultrasound shows everything is fine...he's just a little bigger. At 35 weeks they predicted him to be 7.5 lbs and based on his size my due date is Nov. 4th compared to the original Nov. 25. However, we won't induce until the 18th, BUT I am already 5 cm dilated so I'm hoping he will come much sooner than the 18th! Maybe 11-11-11??? That's my birthday! 9. I caved in and we have confirmed that we are naming our baby BROOKS ALDON COLLUM. I just have to learn to say it with confidence! He will be named after a baseball player named Brooks Robinson. You can read about him here. http://www.brooksrobinson.com/ 10. Of course, Halloween! We went to Jen's house to celebrate Halloween on the 31st. Lexie was a flying pony this year and Tripp was Spiderman. 11. Visited a Pumpkin Patch 12. Halloween Fest at the kids' school which was fun! By the way, on Halloween Randall and I had been together 16 years! Yikes, we are getting old!

3 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

wow! lots of stuff! The land looks SO fun! I hope to get to go there when its cold and sit by the fire pit! Mom and jen both said your cookies are so cute! its fun to decorate for Halloween! you did such a cute job:) miss ua ll

CGG said...

Wow! Love the land - I want to visit! The H'ween decorations look great - and the kids are the cutest! Happy belated bday, Randall!

DenKag said...

That all looks awesome! Put us on the list for a trip to the country! You've been busy. :)