Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Christmas Crafts

Tripp does not like the organized crafts. He doesn't like directions. He likes to just do free art. So most of his things don't really turn out too cute! Ha! He loves to use glue, scissors, and paint. Lexie loves crafts. Often she has her own ideas on how she wants to do things. I like things they can do mostly on their own so that it's really their own work to be proud of. I try to stay out of it and not persuade them to do it how I want it! That's hard though! paper bag reindeer puppet. This is just a craft kit from oriental trading that we had ordered as presents for the kids' classmates. snowflakes! I used to make these when I was younger. I showed her about 3 or 4 times how to fold the paper and cut them and then she did them herself! She had fun! Lexie's snowman. She told me what she wanted to do and I assisted her. She's quite sure of herself! Lexie came to me that she wanted to make a penguin craft. We searched on the internet for ideas together and this is what she picked. Lexie did this stocking all by herself. I did not help her one bit. She's so fun! We made our own green play doh and put peppermint extract in it to give it a Christmas smell. After playing with that we cut some shapes out, baked them, and made ornaments. The kids painted them. These hand print Santas turned out so cute. Lexie made several of them and then decorated the inside to make Christmas cards. She delivered them to people. snowman cupcakes

No comments: