Friday, August 21, 2009

potty training...

So in the last week we have had some success with potty training. Basically if Lexie is naked then she will go in the potty 100% of the time. If she has anything else on like diapers or panties she goes in the pants.
We have spent a lot of time being naked this past week. Lexie was even waiting for the maid in the window by the door naked. The maid told her she was in her birthday suit and she looked down as if she was looking for a birthday suit...haha! Then when I told her we were working on potty training... Lexie bent her knees a little and proceeded to show her her tee tee...saying, "see, see?" Yikes! She's so funny!

My latest potty training experience went something like this...

child: Lexie has to go poopoo.

mommy: ok..let's go in the toy room potty.

child: mommy, get out

mommy: ok...I'll stand right outside the door. ( i kept peeping in though and she would jump off the potty to slam the door on me)

With mommy waiting outside the door I hear Lexie get off the potty. I walk in to see Lex a roo looking at the poop, then looking at me then back at the poop. Something seemed fishy and she looked guilty.

child: See? See?

mommy: you pooped! Great job, Lexie!

child: lizard

mommy: huh?

child: (pointing) Lizard in poopoo (one of her toy lizards)

mommy: (peering into the potty slowly and nervously) Lexie, how did the lizard get in the potty?

child: (extremely guilty stare at mommy)

mommy: you wait right here so mommy can go get a bag and some wipes

i leave and come back

mommy: (looking to grab the lizard but noticing the poop was rearranged) Lexie did you touch the poopoo?

child: get lizard out

mommy: oh Lord...do NOT touch anything. (Lexie lifts her hands to wipe her nose) NO...don't touch anything!!

I grab the lizard with a grocery bag, wipe Lexie's butt and hands, wash her hands in the sink and just overall feel very disgusted! I probably should have done some of those things in a different order!

4 comments:

DenKag said...

Oh boy, that is too funny...I have another friend potty-training her youngest, too, so I am loving all the funny stories! :) Good luck with that one! :)

CGG said...

HAHAHAHA - sweet little Lex a roo! Good luck!

Trish said...

That's hilarious and disgusting at the same time!

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Oh the things I have to look forward to! Can't wait. We might need to hang out at your house for some comic relief.