Friday, August 7, 2009

yak

This week everytime we pass cows while driving or have seen one in a book Lexie says, "That's a yak." I would say, " you see those cows?" And she would say, "No, that's a yak!" I didn't have a clue what she was talking about, and then I started thinking about it and I did think I had heard of an animal called a yak before, but would my 2 year old know of it? Randall didn't know either (and he's much smarter than I!) So I had to google it! Haha! Sure enough it is closely related to cattle. I am sure she picked it up from one of her shows. Funny though...
File:Bos grunniens - Syracuse Zoo.jpg

3 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

she is a smart little one! I need to get my hands on those shows she is watching!

Shannon said...

So cute! I love those "where did they get that" moments!

Rachel said...

This had me laughing for a while! I'm sure Lexie was thinking, "Mom, I think I know a yak when I see one" Very cute!