Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New energy!

Kind of a random picture, I know...I haven't taken any in a while!
Last year I have to admit I was really run down. Being a mom to two little kids was really wearing on me and I started falling deeper into thinking negatively and forming some bad habits and feeling sorry for myself. Well, thankfully it is never too late to change and I somehow, with the new year, am feeling much better about things! Praise God!
I was staying up entirely too late, drinking too many diet sodas (1 a day) and not enough water, and having some really chaotic mornings which was throwing me off for the whole day. SO I have started going to bed earlier (11:00) and miraculously my kids started sleeping in later (must be God trying to help me out). One of the biggest changes has been waking up BEFORE my kids wake up to get myself ready! That has really helped cut down on wasting time in the morning and the kids misbehaving which in turn left me feeling frustrated with them and myself. I feel like we get more quality time now in the morning together. I was spending entirely too much of my "free" time on the internet. I have cut that back to a reasonable amount of time and I am feeling much more productive during nap time and after the kids go to bed!
Next I have to work in some exercise since I have not been regularly exercising for a LONG time. I can tell my stomach is getting a little "soft." HAHA! I believe it will also help me to feel better since I really do love working out.
There you have it! Those really aren't any huge changes and it is completely making a difference in my life and my kids' lives I am sure. Bring on child number 3!!!?? Just kidding.... :) Maybe in another 2 years.

4 comments:

Trish said...

I'm glad to know life is feeling better! :)

The Stirman's said...

I don't know how you do 2! 1 is a lot of work!! :)

DenKag said...

That's good news! I love how Tripp is sitting in the fridge...

Terri said...

Your falling deeper and deeper happens to us all - especially during the holidays :-)

The good news is you are back on track!

Your kiddos are ADORABLE!

...but I do think we should both wait for number 3 - LOL!