Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vacation!

We were in New Braunfels from Sunday to Sunday! It's always such a great time visiting with everyone on Randall's side of the family. I never actually count everyone but maybe around 40-50 people... We had a great time this year...the kids slept good and were so happy to be there. When I asked Lexie if she thought we should go home to Remi and Maddie (our dogs) she said" nooo, I fink we should bring Remi and Maddie here." We went to Schlitterbahn for a half day, Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch where you drive around and the animals come to your window. We had a zebra head in our car as you will see below. It's a neat place. We even saw a newborn goat in the petting zoo. We floated down the Comal River with Lexie. Not sure that was the best idea, but she was safe and all went well and kept asking to ride it again. We ate lots of popsicles, played at Landa Park, rode the train, swam lots, went out to eat, played pool/air hockey, went crawfishing, tie-dyed shirts with cousin Kiley, watched Toy Story 2 a bazillion times, jumped off the rock and all around had a great time. You will see in one picture Randall holding Lexie and jumping off the rock. We drove around looking at deer every night and I went running every morning. I love running there..it's beautiful, shaded, and peaceful. Randall played poker or dominoes all night long and I even was convinced to play beer pong one night...with baby monitor in hand. Haha! Kathy and Patrick came to visit us one night and we went to Gruene and ate and had ice cream from the general store. Jen and her family stayed Wed-Sunday. By the end of the week the kids were swimming really good. Tripp would go under water in 1.5 ft and retrieve a key when we threw it. It was cute. Lexie could jump off and swim to you, noo problem(as she would say). Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

DenKag said...

We used to have so much fun there when we were kids! Looks like you had a great time!

CGG said...

That looks like a blast! I am impressed with the kids under water with their eyes open!

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Awww, look slike you guys had fun as usual!!!

The Stirman's said...

Looks like tons of fun! No pictures of you!?!

BlankenBlog said...

How fun! I love that there is a Zebra in the car!