Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Potty training

Today after Tripp woke up from his nap I decided we were going to work on potty training. He is almost 23 months old and I am doing it differently than how I did it with Lexie. I decided I am going to do the potty training in 3 days method. So today we did a half day and Tripp peed in the potty 5/6 times!! I was really impressed. The one accident was our fault because we were outside playing and if you follow the method it says to stay inside for a full day. I think we will tweak it a little. We are too busy to stay home for 3 days! Tripp seems to hold his tee tee pretty well so I am expecting this to go well. He didn't poop in the potty yet, but he has twice in the past so that's a good sign! I am crossing my fingers that he is much easier than Lexie. After he woke from his nap his diaper was completely dry so i told him we were going to go potty. He refused...Then I told him that every time he goes on the potty he will get a marshmallow and man, he ran toward that potty and peed right away! I have the little potty placed out in our main area where we are most of the time so it's easy to get to and reminds him to go. So today was a good day! We'll see how we do tomorrow. Of course, Lexie now thinks going in the little potty is great too since it's right in the middle of our kitchen floor. She is a mess... Plus we made up a silly tee tee dance to cheer for him every time he goes, and so Lexie is having fun with it too. My kiddos are so sweet. They make me smile and laugh so much! Update: 2 days later we are still doing well with going tee tee in the potty. Poop is a different story. I think he is nervous. When he needs to go poop he brings me a diaper. He has pooped on the floor twice. I need to be better at watching him like a hawk around poop time.(he poops around the same time everyday). We have gone to the grocery store in underwear, swim lessons,and the park with no accidents! Hooray! Going well...just don't know about the pooping!

No comments: