Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sweet bed time moments

Tripp is such a little cuddler. When putting him to bed he lays on his pillow and you have to cover him up. Then he wants to intertwine his hands in yours to pray... sometimes adding who he would like to pray for. Then you have to sing him a song, the last month he is obsessed with "Take me out to the Ballgame." One of my most fond memories of a child is when my dad used to rub his fingers through my hair so I started doing that to him while I sing him a song. I usually end with "You are my Sunshine." Whenever I start singing now he will grab my hand and put it on his head and say "head" meaning he wants me to rub my fingers through his hair during the song. It's a sweet moment watching his eyelids get heavy, enjoying the loving affection from his mommy. Of course I always end with a million kisses on his soft cheeks and he giggles. Ahhh, being a mom is the BEST! Life is so good and God is so great!

2 comments:

The Stirman's said...

That's so sweet Liz. When did you start doing those things at night?

BlankenBlog said...

he is such a sweet boy...I loved when Dad ran his fingers through our hair!