Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wedding Bells...in VAIL!!

Wow. The weekend was just perfect. My double first cousin, Kristin, got married!! We are double first cousins because our moms are sisters and our dad's are brothers! Very rare! My sister and I, elated to be going on a girls weekend without children , flew to Denver Friday morning. We got our rental car ( a Hummer) Ha! and headed for Vail with another friend. We were just in awe the whole time. Colorado never gets old no matter how many times you've visited! We stayed at the Vail Plaza hotel which was gorgeous!! We got ready for the rehearsal dinner Friday night which was so much fun hanging out with everyone and our brother, Dan, who was there as well. Saturday morning (our only free time), we tried to cram a lot in so we were up early and eating at a neat Craperie. Our crepe maker was a guy from Ukraine and we enjoyed talking to him. When I decided to change my order he was quick to roll his eyes and scuff at me. Not the best customer service although we all laughed about it and joked back with him along with several other comments he made. He was great!! The village has such a European feel to it. So we walked a bit and then decided it was time to rent some bikes!! I really love adventure so this is what I had been waiting for. We got on our "cruisers" which are the weenie bikes they had. Ha! We headed up the winding mountain eager to challenge ourselves and get a great workout. Well, we made it 5 minutes before we decided it was time to head back down!! We were with one other girl who decided she was going to turn around so after some debate my sister and I just decided to turn around too. :( Then we just rode around the village. Next we rode the Gondola up the mountain for some awesome views! Gorgeous! After that we had to hurry and get ready for the wedding at 2:30. It was at a gorgeous chapel you will see in the pictures below. You couldn't help but feel close to God in a chapel in the mountains. The only thing missing was Randall sitting next to me. I had a great time hanging out with my cousins and danced until the end of the night! The band was amazing! Sunday morning I wasn't feeling well but not wanting to waste a moment, we got up and headed out. I headed to the Starbucks and Jen met me there after her jog. We shopped a little and just admired the town. We had a brunch that morning which was awesome. Breakfast is my favorite so enjoying it on the patio in great weather with amazing scenery was peaceful and relaxing. After that we packed our bags and headed out to cram in a little more time walking around and browsing the farmer's market that was going on. Wonderful stuff! Ahh,the weekend went by fast but it was absolutely fabulous! My cousin was a beautiful bride and she seems completely happy and in love. The wedding was gorgeous and I am so glad that I went to be a part of her special time! My sister and I had a great time although when I was dropping her off she said, "ok, I'll talk to you in a few weeks." Joking, but maybe not since we didn't leave each other's side for 3 days! :) Vail, I miss you dearly!

4 comments:

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Those pics of the view are beautiful!! Makes me jealous, I want to go now!

CGG said...

You weren't kidding when you said you danced until the end of the night! You were a dancing MACHINE!! Had a great time with y'all!

BlankenBlog said...

oh i can't believe I missed this trip! Looks so fun!

DenKag said...

I am SO glad you came! It was so good to see y'all. Thanks so much for being there on my wedding day!!!!! Love you!