Sunday, September 2, 2012
Kindergarten!
Well, it finally happened...The day I have been anticipating since Lexie was born! There are so many emotions in this day, it's hard to wrap my head around it all! We've stressed and prayed and wondered if we were sending her to the right school for years now vs private school, home school, move, etc. We finally ran out of time to make any decisions so off she went, Monday August 27, 2012. For some reason I feel like I will always remember that as an important date in my life like my kids birthdays, my anniversary, etc. I feel like it was one of the scariest and most exciting milestones in my life! Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it did seem that way some. Oh, and also it is my dad's birthday which makes it a little easier to remember!
2 weeks before the first day, I cried several times. I was sad that my little girl was growing up and having all my munchkins at home with me to do as we please was over. For me, it just isn't the same going to the zoo, Brazos Bend, and all those fun places with one missing. I feel guilty! However, I must say taking Tripp and Brooks to a playdate last week to the pool with friends really was fun! Tripp had no one to argue with, well, except his friend! I'm also so excited to watch her blossom and grow this year. I expect her to learn to read even more this year and love her teacher almost as much as me. :( I expect her to make many new friends and learn that life is not all about her. I expect her to learn humility(even if it's the hard way), about patience, discipline,hard work, and independence. I'm also dreading entering the world of homework!! I feel worried that she will be embarrassed, someone will be mean to her, she will feel unloved or dumb or scared. I also realize that once you enter school, time flies by and she will be grown before I know it. Not being in control of everything is a little tough for me....
That all being said, she knows a little boy in her class already, and has already asked a little girl if she wanted to be her new friend. She has already had bathroom issues which she handled all by herself because she was afraid she would get laughed at. That makes me a little sad for her, but also so proud that she did what she needed to do. I'm so praying for her that she will grow out of these bladder spasms that she takes medication for this year. I know it's a big worry for me and her. She has said that there are LOTS of rules to learn in Kinder and that she was already needing a day off so she could stay up late to frog hunt! I love her so and I feel closer to her than I ever have even though I see her less!
Bye Bye Baby girl! It's time for you to grow and learn and see what God has in store for this next phase of your life! I pray you will live life to the fullest, love others, be proud of who you are, stand up for your morals and values, your family, and always know we are here for you no matter what! Ok, now I'm crying again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yep, I'm crying too. She has grown up so fast....She is beautiful!
She'll always be your baby! :-) What a smart, independent, frog-catching girl!
You're going to make us all cry! Love reading your hopes for your sweet girl.
Post a Comment