Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tool Time!-4th Birthday

Brownies piled in a dump truck....
wrecking ball tied to a tree and they stack boxes and demolish them...
dig site....
hammer golf tees (nails) into styrofoam....
party favors were home depot tool belts with a stencil ruler, paint brush, tool, and also a hard hat....
Goodies table had the tractor, hard hat, and wrench cookies I made sitting in a toolbox, reeses pieces among other things...
not a great picture but here's the table and off to the right is our gameroom with a construction sign that said "Build Zone." IN this room they were to stack/build with plastic cups, build with tinker toys and other blocks.
Invitations... We added a toy tool in everyone's invitation and delivered them. Fun!
Paint the house...
I loved this theme! Tripp is obsessed with tools and "work" as he calls it. He often asks if we can please go back home because he has work to do. He is creative and builds all kinds of stuff. There are some things I didn't get a picture of like the entrance and we also did a bike repair station where i had a little kid bike and they got to try to air up the tires with a bike pump and pretend to work on it with tools. Tripp has thanked me and hugged me for his "tool" party! Love him so much! He's such a creative, kind, cuddly, and loving little boy. After his second party last night, which was the family party, we were talking in bed and he said he didn't want to grow up anymore....he wanted to stay little. But then he thought and said, but if I grow up do I get to light matches and make a fire by myself? When I said yes, then he reconsidered. So funny!

2 comments:

CGG said...

I can't believe he's 4! What a great party - you really outdid yourself!

BlankenBlog said...

Oh Liz, you did it again! I love it all...so proud of u!
Happy Bday Trippy