Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Sweet
One of my biggest struggles as a parent is how to make my kids grateful for what they have and not focus on what they don't have...heck, I have that same problem myself! Our kids are used to being spoiled by grandparents, aunts, and us! It gets to the point where they expect things every time you go to the store or every time a grandparent comes to visit. It's always, "What did you bring me?" It makes me cringe!
One day Grandma was going to come over. I told Lexie and she immediately said, "I wonder what she's going to bring me?" I gave her "the look" because we have talked about thanking people and not asking people what they brought you! I mean, how rude is that!? Anyways, after I gave her "the look" she said, "Grandma is really my gift, right?" I love that she actually realized the true gift in Grandma coming to visit her even though she still really wanted a present too! It warmed my heart and made me feel better about the whole thing. I can't stop other people from bringing her presents...I can only teach her the correct way to respond and what the true gifts are in her life and what's worth valuing.
Ahhh, Life! There's so much to teach these munchkins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very sweet! And yes, there is so much to teach them! I worry about that alot....sigh
You must be doing something right...!
Post a Comment