Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lexie is 2!

Monday, March 16th was a special day in our house! We celebrated Lexie's 2nd Birthday! What a joy she has been in our lives. I giggle at her all day long at the expressions she makes, things she says or attempts to say, her singing, just her curiosity of her surroundings, the way she looks when she's watching her favorite shows, the way she walks and runs, and her overabundance of energy! Randall and I have tried to explain the love we have for our children and we can't...all we can say is it's just different than anything else we've ever experienced. There is an overwhelming sense of completeness and joy that overcomes me when I try to comprehend the love I feel for her and Tripp. It's like a heavenly place when I put the things of this world aside and try to wrap my mind around their creation and existence in my life. I can only imagine what true Heaven will be like.
We celebrated with dinner outside at Black Walnut Cafe. Lexie enjoyed grilled chicken and broccoli. We had been talking up the idea all day about going to buy fish for her new fish tank she received. She was so excited! After Black Walnut we headed to PetSmart to pick out her fish! She loves looking at the fish at the pet store so she was ecstatic to actually be holding fish in her hands in the bag! Her fish tank is all set up in her room. She loves feeding them when she wakes up and before she goes to bed. We had a great day...more to come from her birthday party!
my new blocks! They're so fun!

2 comments:

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Yes, I am definitely stealing that fish tank idea for Sophie's 2nd B-day. Great idea!

DenKag said...

Happy birthday, Lexie! Maybe I'll get to FINALLY see her at Easter! :) Hope y'all can make it.