Friday, November 20, 2009

My mom

We celebrated my mom's birthday at the beginning of November and we enjoyed a wonderful brunch at the country club to help celebrate! She's a wonderful woman and I cherish all of her wonderful qualities. She's a special lady!
The things I love about my mom...
1.) She's a fabulous cook-and she always has a million choices of food when you go to her house. It's definitely like a restaurant! I think she should be a caterer. She loves to cook for you and if you show up around breakfast time she's known for making you a personal breakfast when you get there so it's warm and fresh. We all love being home and I think it's because of the food!! If you come over in the evening after dinner-she's still trying to make something for you. "Y'all want a cappuccino or a smoothie or a yogurt with some cut up fruit in it? Or how about some fresh squeezed limeade and dessert?" mmmm.
2.) She's handy! She knows how to fix almost everything around the house. She built the fence in the backyard once when I was kid with her friend. She also can be found under the sink fixing the garbage disposal or replacing it or tiling her bathroom. She's unbelievable.
3.) She's very generous. She is always making things for my parties and even parties that she doesn't have any part of like showers for others. She always does things for others just because she wants to and doesn't expect anything in return. She told me once how she helped a co worker who was struggling financially buy some Christmas gifts for her son. It seems she's always stopping to get something for someone....Starbucks, a cake, lunch, a gift, etc. I think she's going to go broke buying everyone else things!
4.) She's loving and kind and tries not to pass any judgement on our parenting. She always offers support.
She created a very fun,loving, and welcoming home for us and I always can't wait to go over there...and neither can Randall!
Here's my sweet mother... I am so thankful for her!

4 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

aww, yeah she is the best. Love my Tom, Jen calls her my BFF. Great picture of her!

by the way, the verification word i just had to type in is "boodi" not to be confused with booty- haha

CGG said...

That's sweet, Liz! Happy birthday, Barb!

DenKag said...

I agree - she is wonderful! Always made me feel welcome during those long summer visits. :)

Terri said...

how sweet! She sure sounds like a great role model :-)

...makes me miss my mom ... sniff sniff...

...imagine when our kiddos are all grown up and coming home. I hope they say all those kind stuff about us :-)