Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fort Worth Trip

Well, I decided to be brave, suck it up, and just go visit my sister in Fort Worth. I mean, really, what's the big deal? Yea, I have two kids but does that mean you can't just get up and go when you want?....hmm. Randall and I couldn't work out a time to go together with parties, work, and deer season.
I have been wanting to go visit my sister, Kathy, and her new husband, Patrick, for a while now. She moved to Keller about 6 months ago and I really wanted to go see her place and spend some time with her. So I decided to leave Sunday the 22nd of November and go see her. I was armed with a portable DVD player, TONS of snacks, two half-gallon milks, bottles, cups, books, CD's, everything. The only thing I was missing was another adult in the car. Oh how I REALLY could have used one of those!!!! 6 hours later with 1 1/2 hours of straight crying for Tripp...we made it. I won't bore you with all the details of the drive because that should be another post itself.
Sunday night we just visited and Kathy made some yummy spaghetti for us. Thankfully my kids went to sleep very easily there! Lexie was having so much fun with their kitty, Millie, and their puppy, Gus. For some reason Lexie kept calling Gus, "Bus." It was funny. I put Tripp to bed at 7:30 and Lexie around 8:45 and then got to enjoy some wine and some talk time with my sis.
Monday morning we woke up to a super foggy day but we had already decided that we were going to the Fort Worth Zoo, and I knew my kids would drive us nuts if we stayed at her house all day, picking their flowers, shoveling dirt, emptying the dog's water bowl, touching everything that they shouldn't, and torturing the poor cat and dog. We got to the zoo 30 minutes early with a yummy Starbucks in hand. By the time we drove into the parking lot the fog was gone and it was a gorgeous day!! Lexie was so excited. Let me tell you....this zoo was amazing! I loved it so much and I think we all were impressed!
We got home, let Tripp nap and left her house by 4 for another hellish drive home. God, it was awful, awful, awful. But Kathy and Patrick (and Millie and Gus), you were worth it!
their gigantic puppy-Gus-He's going to weigh like 180lbs one day! Oh yes, and that's Patrick just before Lexie starts attacking him. She loves him!
Tripp in the sand at the zoo
Awesome rhino. The hippo was actually our fav animal of the day. It was underwater but would come up every so often and just kind of peek above the water and go back. Lexie thought it was really cool. We don't have rhino's or hippos at the Houston Zoo.
Lex with Kathy
Kathy's favorite animal-White Bengal Tiger. Her dog is going to be close to this size! The tiger's around 250lbs and Gus will be 180. Close enough!
this was pretty awesome too. She loved getting to feed the birds. The bird would actually perch on your stick too.
Little Miss Dora the Explorer.
Kathy LOVED Millie. I think she would love a kitty. It was so funny the things she would do to her.
Thanks for having us! Your house was beautiful! We love you guys!
I can't get any videos to upload lately! :(

5 comments:

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Despite the hellish drive you guys looked like you had fun otherwise. You're so brave to do that, but then again, you're the brave one...the one that does things none of the other mommies will do!

BlankenBlog said...

aw! I was so happy you guys came:) and even more happy that Lex and Tripp are so good at sleep overs!! We'll have to plan a more structured visit again in the spring! There are a few really cool hotels that have fun kid things to do. check out the Great Wolf Lodge!

DenKag said...

That looks like a blast! I'll have to come visit next time I head to OK for work. It's not a bad drive from DFW at ALL!

Shannon said...

Lizzie you are so BRAVE! I wouldn't dare attempt that trip on my own. That is awesome that you made it though and that you guys enjoyed your day at Fort Worth Zoo! SO sorry I wasn't able to meet you guys - the girls would have had a blast together!

CGG said...

Cute pics!