I'm not proud to say this, but it was pretty funny.
Today I was at Berri Blends yogurt shop with the kids to kill some time while waiting for a prescription to be filled for Tripp's ear infection. Lexie was reading a worn out Backyardigans book. It was all bent up, pages torn, and looked a little dilapidated. She finished reading it, was trying to straighten out the pages and flatten the cover when she said, "Mommy, this book is really crappy." I about choked on my coffee in shock and amusement. I wanted to laugh out loud but I held it in and gave a little chuckle. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad word...just not really appropriate vocabulary to be teaching my child!!! I asked her to repeat it just to be sure that I heard correctly, and crappy was definitely the word. I quickly told her that wasn't a nice word to use and gave her several alternative choices. I was laughing inside but also very nervous about what other words she's picked up and is just waiting to try out. My 24 year old brother was quick to text me back that it wasn't because of him! Honestly, I think it was from me. :(
4 comments:
That is the best thing ever!
That's soooo funny! Can you believe what little mimics they are becoming? I have to be so careful too!
That was pretty crappy of her to say that. :-)
My most-used exclamation used to be "Crap!" and I had to really work to get it out of my vocabulary before Gisele got to the mimic stage. Now she's been saying "Oh my gosh!" They pick up on everything!
Post a Comment