Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lake Tahoe

We left for Lake Tahoe on Thursday February 11th. Not without a little drama though. Lexie started wheezing some and coughing the night before so I was up with her worrying about leaving her. Then after getting the grandparents squared away with how to handle her if she took a turn for the worse, when i was handing off Tripp to my mom just before leaving we noticed HE had a fever. I was a wreck and didn't want to leave them. They handled it well but my mom did say Tripp was very lethargic, not eating, and his fever got high. SO they took him to our pediatrician. Everything was ok though...they just needed to keep the fever down and wait it out as well as give a breathing treatment for his cough. So finally after Friday's appointment I was able to relax. Tripp is such a mama's boy so I felt so guilty leaving him especially when sick. He loves his Nana, Grandma, and Grandpa though and luckily spends enough time with them that he is comfortable with them. I still wanted to be the one to comfort him. It crossed my mind a lot if he wondered why I would leave him. Lexie was glad I was gone...Ha!
Lake Tahoe is absolutely gorgeous! The views just don't get much better.
just about to start our intermediate ski lesson...I'm so glad we did that!
At the Riva Grill Restaurant-overlooks the lake.
The girls minus Anne Marie-getting ready to dance the night away!
gorgeous views!
snow tubing- so fun!
the view from our snowmobiling tour-that was our favorite part of the trip!
snowmobile tour with Anne Marie and Brandon
gorgeous views from the snowmobiling tour
At Fire + Ice-my favorite restaurant ever!
The last night we ordered pizza, sat in the lobby, and watched the Olympics!
What a great vacation we had..
We really improved on our skiing this year! The lesson we took really helped us gain our confidence. We had a wide variety of ski levels in our group so we didn't really all ski together that much. We did realize that Heavenly is not really the best place to ski for beginners like us! There were only like 2 greens and you had to take a blue to get to them!!! Scary! I did fall a couple of times. It was always on something easy though. I actually took out a sign one time! Then another time my ski came off and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on. I waited and waited on the mountain for someone to rescue me since no one would or could stop and help me...20 minutes later my husband came to my rescue. By this time I was mad and grumpy and feeling embarrassed so I sat out like a bad sport. It was something very simple that I didn't realize. Ugh.
Randall and I and another couple decided not to ski the 3rd day and do the snowmobile tour instead, and shop! I got me a great new pair of jeans! :) The snowmobiling was by far our favorite.
We stayed at the Embassy Suites which was really great. Can't beat free breakfast and free happy hour every day! The casinos were super close which was awesome. Nobody lost much money...in fact, Randall came out ahead.
All of the restaurants we tried were great. I probably could have done without the sushi but am glad I tried it. Although, I really didn't even try anything raw so not even sure if that counts?
I was so happy to see the kids and they were glad to see us. Lexie was so loving this week...always kissing and hugging on me. I think she missed me. :)

4 comments:

DenKag said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish we could've been there!!!

Trish said...

The sushi counts even if it wasn't raw. :) Sounds like you had an AWESOME time! I'm so glad you gave so many details - Jamie and I haven't been on vacation in a while, and it was so nice to have one vicariously through you! My family skied a lot growing up, so I loved the pictures!

Shannon said...

Looks amazing! How sad you had to leave sick kids, that must have been tough. I'm afraid we might be in the same boat on Thursday :( Great pics and I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! Oh - and I've totally had a meltdown on the mountain before where I chucked my poles in frustration and Jason had to go get them for me (laughing all the way I'm sure).

CGG said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Hope the kids are feeling better!