Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gymnastics

We have hit a huge milestone in our house! Lexie graduated from the Mom and Me program at gymnastics and is now officially in the preschool class where I get to sit on a chair and watch from the sidelines. Let me tell you what this means....
1. I'm sad that my child is growing up
2. I'm happy that my child is growing up
3. She needs me just a little bit less for something. :(
4. this will take up much less of our time
5. I don't have as much control over what she's doing, saying, seeing, etc.
and the biggest change is...
Lexie and Tripp's class can now coincide instead of me juggling two very busy toddlers at 2 different classes!! Do you know how exhausting that's been for the last 18 months!? I am so glad to be done with that. I am proud of myself for sticking with it though. Tripp has been in a class for 6 months. So now, I can drop her off at her class and do Tripp's class with him. Ahhh....life suddenly got a little easier for me!
Lexie loved her class! I was afraid she would be scared or cry but she jumped right in. She didn't participate much during the circle/stretch time. She was really just watching those bigger girls. The class she's in now is from 3-5 years so there's some old 4's in there with my young 3! Hopefully they will be good role models!
Lexie in gymnastics at 15 months-Mom and Tot class with Ms. Kerry (Tripp's teacher now)
Mom and Tot is to age 18 months
Lexie at 13 months-what a chunk she is!
Lexie on the last day of Mom and Me class with Ms. Stephanie. We were so sad. :( Mom and Me is from 18 months to 3 years. So we were with Ms. Stephanie a long time!
Here's the video of her first day of preschool class. I didn't get any good pictures so I'll try next time. She's the one in yellow. You can see the teacher trying to get her to touch her toes on her right foot in a straddle, but she won't do it. Then when some of the girls run off you see her watching them...she really was so interested in those bigger girls.
I should have kept videoing just a bit longer because when the coach is asking what topping to put on the pizza Lexie actually shouted out "EGGS!" Haha! The teachers are great and said "Ohhh yes, I bet that would be so delicious on pizza!"

5 comments:

The Stirman's said...

so cute! wha age can you start mom and tot class? 15 months? i can't believe she's 3!!!! I remember going to your house in June when she was 3 months to meet her.

Emily said...

Where do you do gymnastics? Looks like Lexie is having lots of fun!

Emily

Lizzie Collum said...

We do gymnastics at Westwood Gymnastics in Katy. http://www.westwoodgym.com/
Mom and Tot is from 6-20 months. I started both of mine when they started walking. However, there are several babies in Tripp's class that are crawlers. They are so cute and have lots of fun! They offer a free trial class too! It is very reasonable...$45 a month for a 45 min class once a week. The mom and me class jumps up to $67 a month! It is a great place! They are so easy about doing makeups too. I can't say enough good things about it!

BlankenBlog said...

That is too cute! I don't remember her chubby stage...but it sure is cute!

Shannon said...

How fun Lizzie! I've been waiting to start Samantha in preschool gymnastics and we are so excited to start next week (now that she is three). Isn't it crazy how old our girls are getting - bittersweet, but so fun too!