Sunday, February 6, 2011
Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom is all about, well, animals! What kid doesn't like animals?
We started off with a character dining breakfast at the Tusker House restaurant with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Minnie. It was fun! I love the Mickey Mouse waffles.
We rode a train to a petting zoo. We got to see an Ostrich egg, Lexie loved seeing the Rhino poop, and we saw where the Vet rooms are. We also got to pet a snake. I am just so amazed at all the staff Disney World has! They are all so incredibly friendly, knowledgeable,and professional. Even the guy sweeping the street was so nice and helpful! There is staff everywhere. They even have staff organizing strollers!
Then we did a safari which was awesome! The animals were so close to us!
Lex getting her toy at the end of the day
We also met Tigger, Pooh, and Eeyore.
Then we went to DinoLand in the park which had a playland with a dinosaur dig. We rode Triceratop Spin (just like the Dumbo ride). We also ate lunch here at Restaurant-0-saurus.
Then Lexie got to ride the Kali River Rapids. She was just tall enough! She was so excited when she ran up to me after the ride shouting "We went down a waterfall, and I got wet!"
We watched Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade where Pluto stopped and gave them a hug. Tripp loved waving at them!
We headed off and saw the 3D show, It's tough to be a Bug, which was a hit. We also saw the Finding Nemo Musical which was great. We saw the Festival of the Lion king which had great acrobatics although this one was a little long for Tripp.
All in all it was a fun park! We actually didn't do everything since lots of it is just seeing animals. I kind of felt like we were at the zoo which we do often at home! So we headed home a little early this night and rested and watched a movie in the room!
I think Animal Kingdom has some awesome rides for bigger kids, but overall I felt like Magic Kingdom was the best place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Some of those pictures remind me of our trips as kids to Schlitterbahn. I wish we could resurrect those and do them again! Guess Tyre and I need to have kids first, huh? :)
Oh this all looks like so much fun! They look so happy in every picture:)
What a wonderful trip! Looks like they had a ball!
I love that Lexie thinks pooping is funnY! lol
Post a Comment