It's been sad losing a pet. Most of you that know me well, know that I am not one of those super dog lovers, but I have to say I was sad! It's so different now that she's not here! She was so great with the kids and they had so much fun playing with her, dressing her up, blowing bubbles for her, walking her, sitting on her, covering her with blankets, etc. Lexie is the one that is definitely struggling with it the most. She cried very hard the day we told her and then just wanted to ask a million questions and talk about her. We talked about all the fun things we did with Maddie, and Lexie said she was her best friend. She says almost every day that she misses Maddie. Some days she wants to talk about it more. We read a book this week called Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant. It was cute, and it seemed to make Lexie at ease because she kept saying with a smile, "so Maddie is still alive but just up in heaven?" I thought that was so sweet and it gave me a great little opportunity to discuss Heaven with her and how if we believe in Jesus we will be able to continue to live in Heaven once we pass away. It was a sweet conversation until she ended it by insisting that she was ready to go to Heaven.....
Here she is as a little pup.

Here's the day we went to pick her up. My nephew Chase was only 3 at the time. (He's now almost 10!)

Here's Maddie enjoying hiking up a mountain in Wyoming

Here's Maddie just going along with the kids' craziness.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that, Lizzie....
Oh no! How awful. I dread losing a pet. I do think it's so cute how Lexie asked about Heaven! :)
Post a Comment