Sunday, March 11, 2012
Dizzy Lizzie
So for the past month I have been constantly dizzy. It doesn't get worse or better in certain positions. I'm just dizzy. About a week after the dizziness started my right arm started to go really numb off and on throughout the day. My neck also was hurting. The numb arm started to affect my sleeping too. It's such an uncomfortable feeling. I never go to the doctor, but the dizziness was really freaking me out. I was nervous holding the baby. I was so nervous I even taught Lexie about how to dial 911 and what to do if something happened to me. I was also starting to get nauseous because of the dizziness. I first took a pregnancy test to rule that out...negative. I made an appointment with a regular Dr. I didn't even have one because I don't remember the last time I've been to the dr. except the ob/gyn. He didn't have many answers, but gave me some motion sickness pills. I decided not to take them since I am breastfeeding and they are an "unknown" on the safe medication list for breastfeeding, and it was just for a temporary fix. I then went to an ENT to rule out any inner ear stuff. He said my ears look clear. He ordered some basic blood work to test for anemia and glucose levels. Those were normal. SO I decided to go to a neurologist. I tell you, it must be bad for me to go to all this trouble with 3 little kids that I have to find a babysitter for! He ordered neck x-rays and more blood work to test the thyroid, b12, and some other things. X-rays were clear. I'm still waiting on the blood work. He also ordered me to get an MRI of the brain and cervical spine. I had the MRI Friday and it was clear! Yay! So, I still don't have any answers, but at least the MRI was clear. I was most worried about that! The numb arm could just be carpal tunnel and possibly could get better after I'm done nursing!? The neurologist is going to do a nerve test at my next appt to check for that. The dizzines, I just don't know about though. I guess we'll see if the bloodwork says anything. I'm really just praying that all of this is postpartum/nursing/hormone related and will go away! I was convinced I was going to die a few weeks ago, but I'm a little more optimistic now. :) Say a prayer for me though! I've had an empty feeling in me, thinking about what would happen to my kids if I had something debilitating or if I were to die. I know, I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I must admit these thoughts crept into me the last few weeks. :(
I'm praising God for a clear MRI though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Clever title, but sorry you're not feeling well - hope it's nothing and they get it all figured out!
Post a Comment