Friday, November 21, 2008

Craigslist addiction! HELP!!

Ok...so maybe I spend too much time on the computer, but it has been worth it! I have bought many many toys on craigslist at such great prices! I've got it all set up now that I leave the page open all day and just walk over to my computer every now and then and click refresh to see what new toys have been listed. Many of the good items go fast so you have to check often to be the first to respond. I get some funny sort of satisfaction knowing I got a good deal!
The first thing I bought was a discontinued little tikes peek a boo tunnel. It's darling and have had it a year and we use it every day! I also bought a sterilizer and a bottle warmer for $5 each. This summer I bought a swing set! I emailed the lady within an hour of her posting it, and she said she had gotten 5 emails in that hour! I felt like I had "won" even though I had to fork over $200!! Brand new it would have been well over $500. The greatest deal I have gotten was a new playhouse for Lexie. I just purchased it 2 weeks ago and most of the used ones on there are still listed at $100 or more. However, I caught this one quickly for $30!! I know they could have gotten a lot more money for it. I almost felt guilty only paying $30! It was supposed to be a Christmas present but Randall couldn't wait. He set it up in the backyard and man... the excitement and look on her face was worth a million bucks! After her ecstatic reaction we realized why it's so easy to spoil your kids. It made us feel so good to make her so happy! Yikes!
Quick other story... one weekend Randall was having a poker tournament and he needed one more poker tabletop so I hopped on craigslist, found one close by, was able to get it that same day(which was the day of the tournament) for only $10!! Now I may be just looking for good deals instead of things that I truly want to buy, so I am probably going to end up spending way more money than if I would have just bought the few items I really wanted brand new! Ha! I have even been helping my sister and a friend look for specific toys on there.
So yes, I have a problem! Someone please help me make room for new toys because I don't see myself quitting...OK maybe after Christmas time! Here's a little taste of what I've gotten...
Lexie in the tunnel at 9 months old

Come in mom!

My new rock n ride trike

4 comments:

Kristin F Johnston said...

All I can say is that Lexie is one valuable friend to have. Good catch, Kate!

Shannon said...

I got my double stroller (a B.O.B. jogger) from Craigslist for a great deal - almost 200 off retail and it's practically perfect. Second hand is also very "green" so you are now considered a very hip mom! Way to go!

DenKag said...

Craigslist is a miracle...I'm not an addict, but I love it too!

Kristin F Johnston said...

After witnessing first hand your recent acquisitions, I would say that a Craigslist addiction is definitely not something to hang your head about. You got some awesome stuff!