One of the things I love about Lexie's age is watching her get so excited about the simplest stuff. Lately everytime she sees a school bus while we are driving she goes crazy with happiness. Who knew that seeing a yellow bus could bring someone such happiness? It's the same with a train. As we drive down Highway 90 along side the train tracks I am usually just hoping that we see a train. I am starting to get just as excited as her mostly because I am thrilled to see her so filled with joy. Birds are another favorite of hers. Usually when we get out of the car in the parking lot we spend a few minutes watching the birds eat. A few times we have seen a real lizard climbing on our swing set and she gets into a game of hide and seek with him as she is trying to catch him! I hate the disappointment when we can no longer find him. As we drive through neighborhoods she is always on the look out for pumpkins, and I find myself driving those routes of houses that I know have pumpkins or some sort of decorations in their yard. The list goes on an on... bubbles, playing in the rain, her blankie, playing peek a boo, when she thinks the dogs are chasing her, Elmo. All of these things make her face light up with the biggest, sweetest smiles ever and those smiles are one of the biggest joys of my day...
We often take life so seriously and Lexie has really taught me to sit back and just enjoy some of the little things life has to offer. I've never been so happy to see a school bus in my life! There are too many "small" things in this life that we take for granted. You can check out a video below of Lexie holding a lizard....
I've got a bubble stuck on my hand!

See the lizard?

Playing in the rain

1 comment:
Lizzie - I love this age also! It is so sweet how the smallest things will LIGHT up Samantha's face. Thanks for sharing this - it made me smile.
Post a Comment