Last November Randall set out to shed some pounds. He had gotten to his heaviest weight ever (220 lbs) and knew that he needed to do something. Neither of us is a fan of dieting and know that for us it wouldn't last, so he decided to make a complete lifestyle change. He basically started cutting back on his meal portions. He used to eat until he was stuffed. He almost completely cut out sweets except the occasional birthday party. He tried to be very realistic! We don't really buy much junk food in our house so that wasn't too hard. For dessert we would make healthy smoothies. He started eating plain oatmeal for breakfast with a banana smashed in it to give it a little sweetness. I HAVE to have some kind of sweetener in my oatmeal. However, he has gotten used to it and eats it everyday at work! He used to always be a big meal kind of guy for dinner but has learned that if he has a big lunch at work to just eat cereal for dinner. I could eat cereal for every meal so I was happy the first time he came home and said "Let's just eat cereal."
What else comes with losing weight besides your eating habits?....EXERCISE! This part of it was going to affect me since it would eat in to the time he would be at home. Since Lexie was born he had stopped going to the gym so he could get home ASAP to be with her and we could have family time. It was hard for him and me to say that definite YES you need to go to the gym! However, he made that commitment to start working out Mondays and Tuesdays at Lifetime Fitness and then Wednesdays he plays basketball with some guys at work. Then he would run on the weekends around the neighborhood. Many times I had to bite my tongue and not say anything when I really wanted him to come straight home after work rather than go to the gym! I knew he needed to do this. He is the most determined person I know. When he sets out to accomplish something you better believe he is going to do it! I didn't want to be the one to mess up his goals! He started keeping a graph of his weightloss each week and started seeing some immediate results.
So fast forward to 1 year later and I am so proud to tell you that he has lost the weight and actually more than his goal! He looks SO amazing! I can really see it in his face. I am kicking myself for not taking some pictures along the way! He has lost 30 + pounds!! Thirty pounds is just a tad more than what Lexie weighs! Imagine taking that much weight off your body...everything feels better! Here are some of the only pictures I could find that might show you the before and after... WAY TO GO HONEY! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Now it's my turn!
Before...
And After!!
2 comments:
Wow - he looks great! I know exactly how you feel about him exercising after work - I used to struggle with the exact same thing. It's so worth it though for results like that!
Oh wow! Randall looks great! That's such a good feeling, too, to lose a lot of weight. Congrats!
Post a Comment