Thursday Dec. 24th
1:00pm-begin getting dressed for church
2:20-leave for church
3:00-church
The kids had enough by 3:25 so we left.
3:30-4:00-drove up and down 59 trying to get Lexie to fall asleep. (no luck)
4:15-arrive at my parents house for our normal Christmas celebration. Great food and a gazillion presents...Fun!
7:50-begin packing up to go to next party
8:05-leave the Grahmann's and head about a mile away to Randall's aunt's house (where R's most fond Christmas memories are with his extended family/grandparents on his mom's side)
8:10-arrive and bring in our next round of gifts and take a deep breath that we made it and the kids are still happy
8:25 Santa arrives and the kids are amazed! We open a ton of presents.
9:15-put Tripp to sleep in the Pack N Play. goes to sleep no problem!
11:30 leave Aunt Kay's house-Lex still awake- but falls asleep on the ride home.
11:45-Kids asleep in their beds and now time to set up Christmas morning for the kids. Put the cookies out, chocolate milk, put together a few last minute things and wrap a few...
Friday December 25th
2:00am-R and I in bed
7:30am-Tripp wakes us up-we rush to take showers and look somewhat decent.
7:50-I begin breakfast-cinnamon rolls(from a can), pigs in a blanket, eggs, sausage, waffles.
still waiting for Lex so decide to go ahead and get ready a little more-put on makeup, blow dry hair, etc.
9:00-still waiting for Lex-we hated to wake her since she went to bed so late. However, I am enjoying the down time.
10:30am-Lex finally wakes up!
I try to read them a book first and sing Christmas carols but we were all a little bored and ready to move on by this point so we ripped them open and were done by 11.
11:00-Tripp takes a nap
12:00-get everyone dressed and pack up
1:00-leave for Grannie Annie's house near Hobby Airport (Randall's dad's side of family)
1:45-open gifts, try to keep Tripp from breaking everything in site, eat... YUM!!
4:00 leave to stop at Randall's aunt's house to say hello. We had a nice visit.
5:30-leave for Randall's mom's house to celebrate with her and Bridey. We ate chili and ripped open more presents.
8:00 got home-put Tripp to sleep. Lex stayed at Grandma's house.
R and I exhausted and with more toys than I know what to do with....still sorting through all of it!
This is basically how Christmas will be and will always be for us for a good while...We both love our family celebrations and it's tough splitting it on Christmas Eve but neither of us wants to give up either, especially when they are only a mile apart!! We've realized that there really is no other way we would have it so we will continue to be swamped those 30 hours and be grateful for the large family that we have and the celebrations that we are a part of. Keep in mind we had Christmas the weekend before with Randall's dad and the weekend before that with my mom's family. Whew!
Merry Christmas Everyone! This next week I don't want any commitments....I just want to go with the flow!
4 comments:
whoa- makes me tired! Glad I got to see you so much :)
Well, we missed you at Rita's, but I doubt you could've crammed that in as well. :) Glad you had a good Christmas!
WOW! That's how I feel my life has been since Madison arrived! LOL! :) I guess it never slows down!
What a fun couple of days! I still can't believe Lex slept in until 10 though... WOW!
You're kids are going to have such awesome memories of the holidays with their extended family. What a great tradition to continue!
Post a Comment