This Christmas is going to be just awesome for Lexie. We talk about the meaning of Christmas and Santa everyday, look at Christmas lights, do our advent calendar, make an occasional craft, watch Christmas shows, read Christmas books, and here recently make a snowman! She is just totally mesmerized with the idea of Christmas and I couldn't be more excited about her sweet little innocence and eagerness to know more about The Nativity or how we are going to celebrate Jesus' birthday. Ahhh, I love this season and I love being a mother. I am trying so hard not to emphasize Santa and presents although that is tough! The idea of Santa is so magical but I don't want her to get wrapped up in receiving a ton of gifts! That is tough for me because I LOVE TOYS! Ha! I don't want to start saying things like "if you are good, Santa will bring you presents." Although, I have already said it a bunch. :( Something about that bothers me.... I don't know, maybe I am just thinking about it too much!! I am just loving this stage of life and getting to experience the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes.
Something I am trying to implement this year is the Advent calendar. I bought a neat wooden train that has a box or tree for the 25 days until Christmas. Each day we have an activity to do! I am sure I will perfect it as the years go on since I have never done it before, but it has been fun so far!
Here are a few things we have done so far:
snowmen craft
gingerbread train
Lexie received a nativity set for herself and we read "Jesus is Born"-this was to deter her from touching MY nativity set!
reindeer craft
ornaments with Nana-This one wasn't planned but worked out since I was slacking that day! Will do another post about this one...
Sugar Land Town Square Christmas Tree lighting
unwrapped Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas movie and we watched it and ate popcorn.
read the story of Jesus' birth in the bible together
Help Grandma decorate her tree.
go looking at Christmas lights-we pretty much do this all the time!
Go buy a present for someone else
It's been fun!
2 comments:
I need to know about these crafts! Where do you get them from? They are very cute.
We didn't even bring up Santa until we were driving around looking at lights with Gisele and she noticed the Santas in everyone's yards. I had kinda forgotten about it! We haven't even talked much about Christmas, though she knows it's Jesus' birthday. Maybe next year I'll remember to talk to her more about what it's all about. I love that Advent calendar, by the way!
Post a Comment