Thursday, December 17, 2009

My first child

A friend of mine had her first baby this week, a little girl. It got me thinking about when I had my little girl. There is just something so special about experiencing the birth of your first child. The whole experience of the first ultrasound, getting to know your doctor, learning the ropes, registering for everything possible, picking out bedding, baby showers, finding out the sex, anticipating the arrival! I remember the feeling when my water broke and I knew I was in labor. It was such an exciting feeling. I remember just grinning, in fact, I remember everything about what I did that night! Then having your one child at home with you is just so special. They get all of your attention...no other children to worry about. Today Lexie was gone the entire day...I haven't seen her in over 24 hours and I just had Tripp with me today. This was the first time that I was able to give him my undivided attention for a full day and it was so special. Here's my little Lexie when she was a newborn...

2 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

sweet post! Good for Tripp, he is such a sweetie.
I LOVE the picture with chase and B! They are so little :)

The Stirman's said...

that is so sweet! everything she does brings tears to my eyes! she is just so sweet and easy to love. i already want time to stand still. i cant wait for you to meet her.

thanks for being so excited for me!