Wednesday, October 7, 2009

gotta love a bargain!

I haven't been this excited about something in a long time! I hate the jogging stroller I have....like really HATE it. It's awful. So I met my friend at the park who is a physical therapist yesterday and she saw the way I was jogging with my stroller ( my elbows stick out to the sides because the handle bar is way too tall and that's the only way I can maneuver it around corners and curves b/c it has a fixed wheel). She said that could hurt your shoulders if you keep running like that. So last night I started looking at jogging strollers online again since her comment. I was trying to just tough it out with the one I had. I looked at the BOB but there is no way I would pay $569 for that stroller....no way! So I had my mind set that I was just going to go get the one at Babies R Us that a few of my friends have and like fine. THEN...I decided to look on craigslist this morning at 7:00AM when I couldn't go back to sleep (Tripp was sleeping in and Lexie was at grandma's) and what do you know...there is a BOB stroller for sale in Richmond (where I live) for $200. The lady had just posted it the night before at 9:30PM. There are many posts on craigslist for people wanting a BOB stroller so I knew this would go super fast! Luckily, I was the first person to email her and she called me right away and I went and got it!!! By the time I had picked it up at 11am she had already gotten seven emails about it!! It was all meant to be....my friend making that comment and not being able to fall back asleep this morning (which was so annoying to me at the time). I am so pumped and now there is no reason for me to not start running my BUTT off....literally!

3 comments:

DenKag said...

Oh wow...I, too, love a bargain! That's so awesome - I love when things work out like that!

BlankenBlog said...

That picture is SO Tripp, just always content

CGG said...

I love bargains too - that's awesome! Pretty snazzy stroller!