Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Out in the Country

Randall, Lexie and I had an amazing time at the deer lease. It's in Harper, TX about 30 minutes from Fredericksburg, and it is gorgeous. The views are to die for, for Texas! I think Lex could have stayed there forever. She was in heaven. We rode 4 wheelers, hiked, made s'mores, went to Fredericksburg for lunch one day, and just enjoyed seeing the wildlife and playing in the great outdoors. Another fun part was the road that leads to the property is very hilly and it's like a roller coaster ride with huge dips where your car almost feels like it's lifting off the ground as you speed down hill. We taught Lexie to raise her arms and say "Wee." She loved it and kept saying "more, more."
Randall and I would love to buy some land one day and this was just another reminder of how much I want some soon! I would like it to be about 2 hours closer though! Many people think this sounds aboslutely boring. I grew up going to the country as we called it, and it was some of the greatest memories I have of my childhood.
Lexie checking out the deer through the window with binoculars
Randall cooking us a yummy breakfast
the house...it was awesome!
yikes...don't pay any attention to the knife!
climbing trees...she wanted stay in the tree and pull the bark off. I finally had to pull her down after 10 minutes
LOVE THE 4-WHEELERS
sitting around the fire with our friends eating s'mores
Beautiful hills!

3 comments:

DenKag said...

You're making me miss Texas, a lot.

BlankenBlog said...

I never saw this post! How fun, I'm so glad you guys all got to go.

CGG said...

That looks like fun!