Thursday, January 22, 2009

красивое российское платье- Beautiful Russian Dress

My sister in law, Elena, is from Russia. Her entire family lives there and I am sure she is missing them especially since having her baby. I already love Elena like a sister and love learning about her culture. Even though I have never met her family or even talked to them, her mother offered to make Lexie a dress. I took her measurements and we sent them to her. I received the dress this week! It is absolutely the most beautiful dress ever! It was more beautiful than I could have ever expected. I am so grateful to her for making this dress for Lexie. It is perfect and very special to me. The details of it are incredible. I am inspired to learn to speak a little bit of Russian before I meet her mother which may be this fall! So to Elena and her mother....
Большое спасибо
Thank you very much!
Me and Elena

4 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

Aw That is too sweet! The dress is great!

Kristin F Johnston said...

What a sweet post! That color is gorgeous on Lexie! It MUST be hard for Elena to be so far from her family! Thank goodness she has you for a good friend!

DenKag said...

That was very nice of her. That dress is so cute!

The Stirman's said...

Lexie is precious! I can't believe how big she's gotten!