Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tumble Time

running up the ramp and jumping off!
Lexie has been in gymnastics since April. She was in the baby class first where they basically got to just run around and have a blast and do whatever they wanted! Then came the Mom and Me class at 18 months. I took off the month of September when I had Tripp, and then the first week in October we went back and she had to move up to the next class. Yikes....it was rough! They were much more structured meaning they had to sit and watch the instructor first show them what they wanted them to do, wait their turn, and leave to go to the next rotation when the teacher said so. Well, if Lexie was enjoying jumping in the pit and the teacher said it was time to go to the balance beams, she was NOT happy. We had several fits. I even contemplated quitting because by the end I was so tired of fighting her to listen to the teacher and sit when told and chasing her because she kept running off somewhere that she wasn't supposed to be. I was somewhat frustrated that they weren't allowed to just run around, have fun, and tire themselves out. I wasn't paying $65 a month for my child to be upset the whole time. Anyways...I kept on trekking and she is doing much better now! I realized that it is really good for her to get acclimated to some structure and discipline! Technically we do whatever she wants all day long at home! She actually really loves her teacher and would much rather Coach Stephanie do things with her than me. Tripp has done pretty well in his car seat with a few exceptions like me forgetting his pacifier!! We do have a lot of fun and I actually get a pretty good workout too while I am there! Here's my cutie patootie doing some of her Olympic moves!
I am a fantastic bouncer!
She loves to slide into things like a bunch of foam blocks piled up at the end of the slide

Look at that cart wheel!

doing a front roll

climbing the rock wall

swinging like a monkey

2 comments:

DenKag said...

That looks so fun. I would love to teach gymnastics. I'm glad she likes it and is doing well - that is SUCH good exercise!!!

BlankenBlog said...

man I love her! Has she gotten better in her big girl class?