Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Day-Grandma Collum

Normally we would switch off every Christmas day going to Grannie Annie's house one year and then Hallettsville to my dad's family the other. This year we skipped going to Hallettsville because we were just so exhausted from everything. We enjoyed organizing our toys and just relaxing.
Christmas evening we celebrate with Randall's mom and brother and sister. We met over at her house where we ate dinner and visited. It was a really nice evening. Lexie loves being over there! While Grandma and Lexie were outside swinging we brought in Grandma's new TV to surprise her! She was thrilled and emotional. She deserved it though since she has been SO very helpful since Tripp was born. Lexie really loves being with her and staying at her house. She always goes out of her way to be there for us and our kids no matter what is going on in her own life, and is always asking if Lexie can come stay at her house! We are all so blessed to have such a giving person in our lives. She is one of those people that truly gives from her heart. It makes me very emotional knowing that someone loves my babies as much as I do! I feel excited that Lexie and Tripp have such a loving grandma that truly wants a close bond with them! I think she treats them better than I do! When I go to pick Lexie up from her house Lex cries when she sees me because she knows I am there to take her home!
We love you Becky!!

1 comment:

DenKag said...

We sure did miss you at Rita's, but I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Hope your new year was good as well.