Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning is set aside for celebrating with our little family. It is new for me since I have NEVER celebrated anything Christmas morning...always Christmas Eve. Christmas morning was somewhat awkward for me as I didn't feel very pretty (for pictures), I was hungry, and still a little sleepy from being up so late on Christmas Eve. I am learning the ropes at how to make Christmas morning a little more special and meaningful. I realize now that we don't have to get up and open presents right away! We can make breakfast together and enjoy that, actually brush our teeth and wash our face first if we want, perhaps let Randall atleast put a shirt on (I can't post many pictures of him because he is half naked!), turn on some simple Christmas music, and create meaningful traditions that my kids will be writing about as I am one day. So I am going to do better next year at making Christmas morning a magical experience for all of us!
Lexie's new easel Lexie in her new tunnel/tent/ball pit. It's enormous. I don't know what I was thinking!
Lexie's favorite toy of all was a pack of $5 dinosaurs I picked up last minute at Target. It is incredible watching her pretend and interact with these dinosaurs. The picture of her opening her dinosaurs is the ONLY picture of her smiling during the entire Christmas experience!

1 comment:

Kristin F Johnston said...

woah, I didn't realize how much your kids look alike until that first picture from Christmas morning! So cute! Great post!