What can I say about Dan? He has been deemed the "European." He's got the style and look of one. He's the biggest traveler in the family. He has been to some wonderful places around the world as well as lived in a few other countries. He loves to be immersed in different cultures. He's married to a Russian for goodness sake! His travels may start to be limited from now on with his new addition....baby Zander. Dan was recently married to his wonderful wife, Elena, and they just had a son in October. I think travels will be on hold for a while. I never could have imagined Dan not traveling much, but as I type this I haven't even heard him mention it in many months. Perhaps his priorities are a little different now? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching my brother become a dad. It is so wonderful to see him so in love with his baby. He is so calm and cool about things. I'm sure he gets stressed, but he hides it pretty well! It's funny because growing up he always had such a temper, but not anymore! He's a great father and I am so proud of him!
Dan with Tripp
Dan is my favorite person to have deep conversation with. He is the kind of guy that loves to dig deep. Most guys aren't like that, so I am so thankful for that quality in him. I love when I read the same book as him (hardly ever happens anymore). In fact, he's the one who got me to really enjoy reading with what else than....The Notebook. He also connected me with my other favorite book, Redeeming Love. His nickname for me is B. I've forgotten the story behind it. In his latest email to me he called me Beesis Christ. He's really funny and loves to laugh at his own jokes. Last night we were celebrating Nick's birthday and he showed up and was cracking up and he couldn't stop. He went on to explain that he had the best card for Nick, so we all couldn't wait to read it. Come to find out he didn't have time to get Nick a Bday card so he happened to be opening his mail and there was a Christmas card sent to the previous owners of Dan's house. Somehow he got the bright idea to scratch out the other people's names and sign it with his name. It said "to a great niece" and he changed it to brother. Where the people signed their name he scratched it out and signed his. He is so corny. Talk about re-gifting! It was pretty hilarious! I think it will have to be one of those cards that we pass on to each other from now on.
He's also a big wine person. He knows his wines. He's got quite a collection! He's the much needed computer nerd in the family. He always knows what to do to fix our computers. Thank God!
Dan is very open minded and more free spirited. He tends not to judge others and usually sees the best in people. I love his calm demeanor. He can usually calm people down just with his voice. I am so glad that Dan has settled down here in Sugar Land, however, you never know how long he will be in one place! He gets bored easily! A child does change everything though!!
Thanks Dan for being the most open minded person in the family and helping us see things/people differently from our narrow minded perspectives...and for always making us laugh!
2 comments:
bravo! Well done Liz, man I love that Bday card story! He sure is great :)
If I do a post about Jonny, can I just copy this one? I'm hoping that, after you finish your family, you do one on your double cousins...I think there are plenty of stories there!
Post a Comment