Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Madness!
My biggest struggle right now is getting out to run errands with both of them. I took them both to Katy Mills Mall the other day, and this is how it went...
Lexie was doing so well in the stroller for 5 minutes straight towards the end of our trip that I decided to stop and let her ride on one of the little choo choo carousel things in the middle of the mall. She was loving it! We played for probably 10 minutes. Well, it was time to go so I warned her that we would be leaving in 2 more minutes. Can you guess what happened next?...You bet!!...after the 2 minutes she was not happy with me to make her leave. She was thrashing about, laying on the floor, arching her back, and screaming. Well...I was trying to grab her and pick her up BUT the baby was in the bjorn carrier facing outwards on me so I pick her up and he gets bonked in the head and starts screaming. So I am dragging her by her arm with only my one free hand as I am trying to hold on to the baby to keep him secure so he doesn't fall out with my other hand, and trying to lift her high enough to make it in the stroller. I got her in there and she was refusing to sit. She was doing the arching her back thing and trying to stand up and screaming. In all of this somehow she almost does a nose dive out the side and I had to catch her in mid air by her sweater. It could have been bad. I actually screamed "Oh my God" in the mall so i did have an audience by this time! I think that scared her so she finally sat down and let me strap her in. I didn't even look around to see if anyone was looking at me....I couldn't muster up the courage to look at the faces of anyone watching. Oh yea...so the baby did stop screaming during this (thank God) but it was time for him to eat so I just raced out to my car and fed him there. VERY VERY VERY BIG SIGH. Too bad I don't have any pictures or videos of the whole thing. It makes me tired just writing it. This was only a fraction of our mall trip. The beginning of it wasn't by any means great as she gets very irritated if I stop for too long. Of course, I didn't get much done, but I did get one Christmas present! Gotta look at the positive, right? After I got them all secure in their car seats I laid my head back and took a deep breath for a few minutes to enjoy some peace and get my blood pressure down to normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH LIZ! That makes my blood pressure high....phew
Oh boy, that sounds stressful. I get stressed out at just the traffic - I'm glad you at least got one gift!
Man, that sounds rough. Kudos to you for being so gutsy in the first place - I would NEVER have attempted that errand.
I almost had an anxiety attack just reading that!
Ha - don't worry, we all have moments like that. The other day at the library Sam took off running from me during story time. I was holding Morgan and had no way to even get her until I put Morgan back into the stroller and by that time she had started throwing books off a shelf. Needless to say, I got quite a few "looks" from the other Mom's whose children were calmly sitting and listening to the story! It will be awhile until I am brave enough to go back...
Hooray for life with two kids (and only two arms)!
Post a Comment